- About Us
- Small Animal Services
- Large Animal Services
- Questions About:
- Hospital Tour
- Additional Features
- Informational Pages
- Pet Library
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- About Your PetSite
HCVC welcomes you to our website!
Halifax County Veterinary Center is a full-service veterinary medical clinic located in Halifax, Virginia. The professional and courteous staff at Halifax County Veterinary Center seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care as well as boarding services for their highly valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care for horses and cattle herds and health-related educational opportunities for our livestock and companion animal clients. Halifax County Veterinary Center strives to offer excellence in veterinary care to Halifax, South Boston and surrounding areas in Southside, Virginia and North Central North Carolina. Please take a moment to contact us today to learn more about our veterinary or boarding services. Our staff is eager to let you know how Halifax County Veterinary Center can serve the needs of you and your cherished pet, horse or livestock herd.
At this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
Help us go green with PetSites! You can access your pet's records, refill prescriptions, schedule appointments, print out vaccination records, customize with pictures, and more! Just click on PetSite Login at the top! It's now a smartphone app!
Check out more information with our how-to videos under the informational pages tab to the left!
To serve the Lord by providing high quality veterinary medical care in a courteous and compassionate manner. We will do this by valuing each other and our clientele. We will put others first and hustle while we wait. We will know our roles and strive to exceed expectations. We will utilize modern technology, seek knowledge, and not forget the people involved.
You are now able to use PetSites from our Facebook page. Like us on Facebook and you will be able to refill prescriptions, make boarding appts and make appts to get your pets yearly check-up.
TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP YOU ANIMALS SAFE AND COOL FOR SUMMER
1. NEVER NEVER LEAVE AN ANIMAL IN A PARKED CAR. Cars can reach deadly temperatures within minutes. On a day that is 85 degrees with the window open slightly, it can reach to 102 degrees in 10 minutes and 120 degrees in 30 minutes. Please do not leave your pet in cars.
2. Watch the not only the temperature, but the humidity too. It can make it hard for animals to keep themselves cool through panting when the humidity is high. Keep an eye on their temperature.
3. Limit exercise on hot days. Limit exercise to early mornings or late evenings where the temperature is cooler. Keep an eye on animals with white fur and skin, they can also get sunburned easily. Decrease the intensity and duration of exercise.
4. Do not rely on fans. Animals like dogs do not cool off like humans. They sweat through their paws, so fans do not really cool them off.
5. Make sure they have proper shad and plenty of water. Tarps and trees are better for shading rather then dog houses. Dog houses seem to trap the air flow, so make sure they have a nice air flow to help cool them off. On heat waves, you can add ice to their water.
6. Cool your pet inside and out. There are great recipes out there now for popsicles and ice cream to keep your pet cool in the inside too.
For more information visit the Library tab.